Friday’s Quotes for the Chicks
No soccer games, no school club events. Not one kid-related activity.
The stars have aligned giving us a weekend where *nothing* is scheduled (well except for meeting a friend to talk about writing and Bunco on Saturday – which I have never played.)
So what do I do with a mostly open weekend?
- Move stuff out of the house
- Organize what’s left
- Cook meatloaf cupcakes for a friend and her family
- Bake goods for my family
- Read my newest amazon arrival – “Why Can’t I Get better? Solving the mystery of Lyme & chronic disease” – yup, I’m determined to crack this one for the kids (and myself)
- Start on a holiday project (I’ll be sharing results later)
- Plan our Thanksgiving menu
- Send a care package out to the boys
- Move little Storm to the outside coop
- And drink cups of tea while still in my pajamas
I’m so, so looking forward to this weekend.
As always, peaceful weekend everyone, health and happiness (and safety) to your flock.
Wendy Thomas writes about the lessons learned while raising children and chickens in New Hampshire. Contact her at Wendy@SimpleThrift.com
Also, join me on Facebook to find out more about the flock (children and chickens) and see some pretty funny chicken jokes, photos of tiny houses, and even a recipe or two.
Like what you read here? Consider subscribing to this blog so that you’ll never miss a post. And feel free to share with those who may need a little chicken love.