An open letter to my little chick; Griffin who has temporarily left the flock to be with his High School robotics team at the FIRST National competition in St. Louis.
- Have fun with your friends
- Eat good food and each day try at least one thing that is new or local
- Pick up a local newspaper and see what is going on around you
- Find a radio and tune into a local station for a bit
- Compliment every female you see on something – a book they are reading, a necklace they are wearing. Trust me, you’ll make their day.
- Likewise, if you see someone walking a dog comment on how handsome the dog is. No doubt that dog will get extra attention as a result.
- Touch base with home – we care and worry about you
- If you get lost ask for directions
- If you get cranky – either rest or eat some protein – it helps
- If you win, you deserve it. Your team worked hard.
- If you don’t win – no worries, your team still won because they worked hard.
- I know you don’t want to but take your meds.
- I know you don’t want to but take a shower – every day (chicks dig it)
- Know that I have absolute confidence in you. You are an incredible person who has already made an impression on this world of ours.
- Continue to always grow – know in your heart that nothing, absolutely nothing can ever stop you.
Take care and don’t forget to drink lots of water